Modeling and Data Analysis Literacy
Modeling and Data Analysis Literacy (MoDAL) is a state-funded professional development project for secondary mathematics teachers in Idaho. About 250 teachers have completed week-long MoDAL Summer Institutes, leading to dozens of classroom activities completed by tens of thousands of Idaho children.
1st MoDAL Institute – Data & Statistics Workshop
In Summers of 2016 & 2017, more than 100 Idaho teachers have worked through these activities during the summer, and then taught adapted lessons for their classroom.
2nd MoDAL Institute – 5 Workshops
- Data Analysis & Proportional Reasoning (Grades 6-8)
- Bivariate Data & Linear Modeling (Grades 6-9)
- Measuring Change & Concepts of Calculus (Grades 7-12)
- Transformational Geometry (Grades 8-10)
- Drawing Inferences from Data (Grades 9-12)