Modeling and Data Analysis Literacy
Modeling and Data Analysis Literacy (MoDAL) is a state-funded professional development project for secondary mathematics teachers in Idaho. The first MoDAL institute was completed during 2016-2017, and we are pleased to offer two summer institutes during 2017-2018.
Boise Institute (2017-2018)
We are currently recruiting Idaho teachers for the 2nd MoDAL Institute during June 12-15, 2017.
Recruiting 150 teachers, in teams, Grades 6-12
- 75 teachers within 60 miles of Boise
- $750 stipend for Institute + follow-up + 3 PD credits
- 75 teachers beyond 60 miles of Boise
- $1150 stipend for Institute + follow-up + 3 PD credits
Choose 1 of 5 content-based workshops:
- Data Analysis & Proportional Reasoning (Grades 6-8)
- Bivariate Data & Linear Modeling (Grades 6-9)
- Measuring Change & Concepts of Calculus (Grades 7-12)
- Transformational Geometry (Grades 8-10)
- Drawing Inferences from Data (Grades 9-12)
Deadline to Apply: April 17, 2017
Coeur d’Alene Institute (2017-2018)
New Workshop: June 26-29 in Coeur d’Alene
Back by popular demand, we’re looking forward to working with 40 secondary Idaho teachers during June 26-29, 2017 for the 2017-2018 Statistics & Data institute in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Statistics & Data Institute
First offered to about 90 teachers in June, 2016, the MoDAL Statistics & Data Institute features four collaborative statistical contexts for making connections across grades 6-12 mathematics standards: