The Micron Scholarship program supports students admitted to the IDoTeach program at Boise State University to continue to make progress toward a degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education. Support for the program is provided by the Micron Foundation.
The scholarship includes a stipend of $2,500 per year, to be used toward tuition and other eligible student fees and expenses.
Deadline for Spring 2018 Applications: TBD
- Be admitted to the IDoTeach program at Boise State University
- Be making progress towards a STEM education degree
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Preference is given to candidates with a computer science or engineering major
How to Apply
The following application materials are required:
- Completed Application Form – print and complete
- Transcripts – Unofficial transcripts from Boise State are acceptable.
- Undergraduate Plan of Study – With an academic advisor (see list), develop a plan of study that demonstrates how you will complete your degree and certification through the STEM-ED emphasis. Have your advisor sign the plan of study and attach it to the application.
- Brief Personal Goals Essays – Address the following questions (each in less than 500 words):
- What motivates you to become a teacher?
- Describe your professional goals.