The application deadline for Fall 2018 admission was Friday, February 2, 2018. Applications are no longer being accepted.
STEP 1: Create a Taskstream Account
All application and re-application materials are submitted through a web-based application called Taskstream.
- Follow the instructions found here to create your Taskstream account and begin the application process.
- Email Megan Gebhart (email@example.com) for the Self-Enrollment Code.
- If you already have a Taskstream account, you will need to contact Megan Gebhart (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Self-Enrollment Code.
STEP 2: Submit Required Application Materials
The following items/materials are required to be included with the application into IDoTeach in Taskstream:
- Application Form – Provided on Taskstream
- Letter of Application – Addressed to the IDoTeach Program Admissions Committee, addressing:
a. Why do you want to be a teacher? What is your passion related to teaching and/or working with students?
b. Why do you think you will excel as a teacher? Where do you think you might struggle?
c. What do you hope to learn in the program?
- Resume – If you need assistance creating or updating your resume, please contact the career center at (208) 426-1747 or visit them in room 111 of the Academic & Career Services building.
- Fingerpringing/Background Check – Fingerprint cards, (2) required forms, and further printed instructions must be picked up in the the College of Education (Education building, E722). A completed fingerprint card, two (2) required forms, and a $32.00 fee for the background check (check or money order ONLY made out to the Idaho State Department of Education) must be submitted to the College of Education (E722) by Friday, February 2, 2018 by 5:00pm. (DO NOT put BSU on the check or money order. It will be returned to you and delay your processing.)
- Unofficial Transcripts – Minimum degree-box grade point average of 3.00. Transcript must indicate the completion of:
i. At least 6 credits of required STEM coursework (courses required by degree plan with one of the following prefixes: BIOL, CE, CHEM, CS, ECE, ENGR, GEOG, GEOS, MATH, ME, MSE, PHYS)
ii. STEM-ED 101, STEM-ED 102, and STEM-ED 210 with a B- or higher
- Mindset and Self-Efficacy Surveys – Provided on Taskstream.
STEP 3: Entrance Interview
If you meet all the admission requirements listed above, you will be invited to participate in a 20-30 minute interview with a panel consisting of IDoTeach and content area department faculty. You will teach your panel a five (5) minute lesson on a non-academic topic and answer any questions the panel may have. You will be contacted via email to set up your interview date/time. You will also be notified of the Committee’s decision through your Boise State student email.