Secondary STEM Education at Boise State University
Part of the influential UTeach network, IDoTeach is an innovative secondary STEM teacher preparation program at Boise State University. The program attracts talented science, engineering, and mathematics majors, blending cutting-edge disciplinary coursework with early inquiry-based teaching experiences led by master teachers to meet the need for highly qualified and motivated STEM teachers.
A big thanks to the Micron Foundation for the generous financial support they provide.
- Teaching experiences in K-12 classrooms starting in the first course
- Valuable scholarship, internship, and apprenticeship opportunities
- Rigorous content-area degrees make graduates highly competitive for STEM jobs
- Interdisciplinary collaboration across the Colleges of Arts & Sciences, Education, and Engineering
Signature Introductory Course
If you’re interested in trying out the IDoTeach program, please consider taking the signature 1-credit introductory course:
- STEM-ED 101 Step 1: Inquiry Approaches to Teaching (1 credit; Fall/Spring)
- Step 1 Flyer (PDF)
STEM Education Living-Learning Community
The STEM-Education LLC is a residential community for 20 students interested in STEM and education topics, with preference for those pursuing secondary STEM teaching. Matt Wigglesworth (Master Teacher) and family serve as the Faculty in Residence.